Monday 23 November 2009

HW 25: Story Comments and Analysis

Henry- It is very refreshing to see you admire a girl. I think after Andy’s comment about everyone using guys its nice to see you used a girl. I truly did like the girl that you were explaining she seemed chill and relaxed. I thought it was kind of funny how similar she is to you, sort of like a girl Henry with the joker comment. I like how ordinary she is yet how effortless her cool is.

Carrie- I like your story, it made me think. I’m not sure who is cool; the narrator seems to be hateful towards the popular girl yet the popular girl seems to find something interesting in the other girl. If I’m correct and the cool person is the popular girl hanging out with the ordinary girl than I think your story is one of the nicer ones. I forgot how cool that actually is when a popular person sees no boundaries and wants to be friends with everyone. I really enjoyed reading it and I think it represents SOF as well.

Charles- I enjoyed reading your story, it was funny and also entertaining. I liked how much I could see yourself in your writing. I think it was very apparent how much you must think you are cool because the heading character is just like you. What surprised me the most was how much you actually value your possessions and the value that money has to you, I also never really knew how much you value the “ladies” attention. I loved how you poked at Andy in your story and thought you did it in a unique way.

Amber- I was so shocked when I read your story; you referenced the preppy rich girl that I see in gossip girl. I had no clue people actually thought they were cool; I liked how honest you are in your story. I don’t talk to you in class so reading your story I gained a lot of insight about you. Your character seemed real as if she wasn’t trying to be “cool” but that it just was her lifestyle to be that way. I also liked how your cool person had a sidekick to help her in her everyday coolness.

Maggie- This was so unexpected! You mentioned her shoes several times, which seemed to mean that you might like and value shoes as well. I think most people view shoes as cool, I even went through my phase as well. I loved how your cool person was interested in the ordinary person. That note thing at the end was really smooth too.

Rachel- Your story was very straight forward, i knew right away who the cool person is. Your story is very animated as well i really like when the girl walked into the room and the gust of wind followed her presence. I also enjoyed that your story actually had a story line, i got to see how she was as time past and how her coolness didn't die down but instead increased because she maintained her allusive attitude.

Henry's story
Carries story
Charles story
Amber's story
Maggie's story
Rachel's story

The most noticeable thing that majority of people including myself think is cool is that allusive mysterious character that no one really knows a lot about. I loved this assignment because it showed a more personal side to people that I usually don’t get to see in class. There were some trends in the writing, I noticed that some of the stories resembled the writers therefore they think they are cool. Then there were stories that some people wrote that are so unlike them. Overall I believe everyone somewhat has the same cool person, each character has the same theme but is just expressed differently through different actions.
Some of the archetypes I noticed are the loner, the bully, the rich girl/ boy the player and mysterious new person. A theme I noticed in Charles story and Maggie's story is that they valued appearance. Although in Maggie’s story appearance isn’t a strong factor, she mentions it enough so that readers can grasp the value; where as in Charles story, appearance, is one of the major factors of his person being cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home