Thursday 19 November 2009

Some cool chick 24

Oh geez the new girl has the locker next to me; it looks like she's having some trouble opening her rusty 1,000 year old locker. Oh shit did she really just hit Regina? If she didn't pull so hard on that rusty door it wouldn't have swung open and hit her in the arm. "Whoops sorry there." she said. Regina's face grew red and you could see her fingers tremble from the adrenaline. As I looked at the new girls calm face; I could hear little gasps and giggles from the people who started to create a small circle. My heart goes out to this innocent new girl who didn't know what was coming for her. I’m staring at her face and I can’t see the slightest bit of fear, not even a wrinkle in her forehead. She tossed her unopened physics text book into that rusty locker threw on her big DJ head phones, slammed the door, pushed through the crowd, bobbed her head and walked away leaving big mean Regina speechless. Hmm I think I might talk to her tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger jfriedman said...

Lauren,
I liked your story when we read it in class because of the concise plot, and simple insights that I absorbed just after one read through of it. You definitely captured a pivotal moment in your story with a unique point of view.

Reading this story on your blog made me analyze it more than I had in class. After the second reading, I noticed that you made your narrator a kind of "authority on cool". The character Regina could be interpreted as either clueless, or just unconcerned in her demeanor. It is because the narrator says "Hmm I think I might talk to her tomorrow." that I came away from the story with the opinion that this girl Regina must be pretty cool.

23 November 2009 at 08:32

 
Blogger Y.L. said...

Lauren, I liked how concise this story is. The new girl seems to be cool because she doesn't let Regina phase her and we kind of know from your character's reaction that she is cool, when she considers talking to her tommorow.

24 November 2009 at 16:37

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home